The Plasma Monkey is a strong MOAB-class destruction machine. It's also rather effective against shields and rainbows due to its high attack speed. It's generally a good tower and will happily last you far into late game. Cost $1050.
|Unlock the challenge for this tower by unlocking 5L (Moab Drain).
Complete the challenge to unlock 3S (Plasma Whip).
- Can pop lead by default.
- Can damage HTAs with the explosions from 4R and 5R (but not the direct attack, there have to be other bloons around to pop).
- Because each blob of plasma has very low PP, it benefits greatly from Monkey Village's first upgrade, drastically increasing the damage output of all but the middle upgrades, and making it possible for the middle upgrades to damage HTAs (1+ village allows a 5M Plasma Monkey to damage HTAs, and 3R villages allow 4M Plasma Monkeys to damage HTAs).
- Incredible firing speed make it very good against shields.
- Potential to upgrade into some of the strongest attacks in the game.
- Bloon Drain gives you extra money.
- Solar Flares can take out a Mini Moab almost instantly.
- Can't pop camo.
- Outshone by the Super Monkey in terms of pure popping power.
- Very bad against DDT.
- Barely has popping power.
- Almost completely incapable of damaging HTAs without a 3R Monkey Village.