The Monkey village is a strong mid-game tower that provides a variety of buffs for you and your other towers. Costs 1200.
- The base village provides a 20% discount to new towers placed in range (you must still have enough cash to afford the normal price, though).
- Upgrades are unaffected by the discount and will still cost the same price.
- Neither pierce nor attack speed buffs affect Plasma Monkeys normally, as its plasma disappears on hit and attacks in a constant stream.
- However, the pierce buff can be useful against HTAs; a 3R Village can allow a 4M Plasma Monkey to damage them, as the buff is technically still applied to the tower.
- 3R provides:
- +2 PP
- +20% attack speed
- Discount to new towers is unaffected
- 5M provides:
- 5% slowdown of all bloons on the whole track (including MOAB-class), which stacks if you have multiple 5M villages
- 6% interest per round
- An additional 200 lives
- Space for another tower to be placed on top of it (including other 5M Villages)
- Contrary to the upgrade description, R5's ability instantly recharges the abilities of all other towers in a large radius.
- This doesn't recharge other R5 Villages, however.
- Can give towers various buffs such as enabling camo and lead popping
- Makes purchasing new towers cheaper
- Gives out interest
- Can give lives instantly and reduce lives lost when bloons leak
- Greatly improves ability cooldowns
- S5 is incredibly powerful
- Increased PP from T2 and 3R add a lot of damage, especially to Plasma Monkeys and un-upgraded Super Monkeys
- Almost no ability to pop bloons on its own.
- The Darter Monkey, a tower made for a BTDX modding tutorial, appears as an easter egg in the Monkey Village tower challenge.