The Monkey Buccaneer is the second of the two water towers in BTDX, firing heavy darts that pop up to 5 bloons at once. Costs $600.
|Unlock the challenge for this tower by unlocking 5L (Pirate Captain).
Complete the challenge to unlock 3S (Dreadnought).
- Can pop camo with all upgrades tier 2 and up.
- Can pop lead with all stacked upgrades, and the cannons and harpoons from all right upgrades.
- Can damage HTAs with all stacked upgrades, the swords of the ground troops for all left upgrades, and the bombs and harpoons from all right upgrades.
- Swashbuckler infantry wield swords, attacking bloons with melee attacks. Place the Buccaneer near the path to use the infantry more effectively.
- The ability for 5R can't damage shields and ignores non-MOAB-class bloons.
- The stacked path spawns additional Swashbuckler infantry that use the same projectile as the main tower instead of wielding swords.
- The minion and "soul" attacks from all stacked upgrades, as well as the main attack from 5S, can penetrate shields.
- High stats all around.
- Can pop camo with all upgrades after tier 1.
- Can spawn Swashbuckler support, which have very useful melee attacks.
- Middle Path has similar power to a Super Monkey.
- M5 has high, full map damage.
- Right and Stacked paths can pop camo lead.
- Ghost Ship does high damage to all bloons in the soul attack's radius.
- All paths can deal some form of spread damage, whether through Swashbucklers, cannonballs or more grapes.
- Must be placed in water.
- Middle and Stack paths are expensive.