The Ice Monkey is the only tower that can freeze bloons. Unlike BTD5, the Ice Monkey already has the snap freeze upgrade, and every tower in the game can pop frozen bloons by default. Costs $510.
Wider freezing range
Total cost: $910
||Unlock the challenge for this tower by unlocking 5R (Ice Storm).
Complete the challenge to unlock 3S (Ice Magic).
Freezes 3 layers of bloon
Total cost: $1,350
Quickly tosses snowballs at bloons
Total cost: $2,100
Slows bloons down by 33%
Total cost: $4,350
Projectiles pop through all frozen layers
Total cost: $2,250
Pops and keeps groups of bloons in check
Total cost: $4,450
Snowmounds can freeze 12 bloons at once
Total cost: $4,100
Slows bloons down in a wider radius by 60%
Total cost: $10,350
Popped frozen bloons shoot ice shards out
Total cost: $5,000
Creates icey pop zones
Total cost: $14,550
Overloaded Cannon shoots flaming ice balls
Total cost: $8,900
Much longer freeze time can affect moabs
Total cost: $31,350
Freezes all bloons and makes moabs shoot shards out
Total cost: $12,700
Strongest and Coldest Storms
Total cost: $55,550
Total to fully unlock: 84
- Can pop camo with all middle upgrades. It can also pop, but not aim at, camo with 4S and 5S; those towers will damage camo bloons if they attack other nearby bloons.
- Can pop lead by default.
- Can damage HTAs by default.
- As of 22.214.171.124, bloons can't regen while frozen.
- The initial hit of 5S briefly freezes MOAB-class bloons.
- Freezes bloons.
- Cheap lead PP.
- Very strong against regen bloons.
- Absolute Zero is kind of broken.
- Only one pretty expensive upgrade is good late game.
- Shield & Static layers are immune to freezing.