The Dartling Gun is a tower that shoots fast, but inaccurately towards the mouse with infinite range. It has very powerful and expensive upgrades making it more of a late game tower. It is considered to be the 3rd most powerful tower in the game, after the Super Monkey and the Heli Pilot. Costs $950.
|Unlock the challenge for this tower by unlocking 5L (Golden Barrage).
Complete the challenge to unlock 3S (Unloader Plus).
- This tower always aims at your mouse. To keep the tower in the same place, force your cursor out of the game window by using either Alt+Tab or a touch screen. This will keep the tower from changing position.
- You can also move your mouse out of the game window directly, but this may result in Heli Pilots being sent to the edge of the screen.
- Can pop camo by default.
- Can pop lead with all middle and right upgrades, and 5S.
- Can damage HTAs with all middle and right upgrades, 4S, and 5S.
- Team up a Hyper Ultra Beam with a 3S Village to make the ULTRA DEATH BEAM!
- Can solo a Party Blimp using 5M Dartling Gunner and 5S Village
- Has infinite range
- Can detect camo bloons
- Higher tiers are great against MOABs
- Middle path has amazing grouped popping power, basically infinite at the 4th & 5th tiers
- Good against shielded bloons (excluding Right path)
- Aims towards the mouse, meaning that you can tell it what to pop
- Can't pop lead until higher tiers
- Difficult to control when managing other towers mid-round
- Lower tiers struggle against HTAs and DDTs
- Before 1.2, when you clicked on the minigun barrel it would count it as clicking on the tower. so it would block access to other towers, as the barrel moved with your cursor.
- Before 1.1, the 4M and 5M upgrades were cheaper, but less powerful. The Right path was also buffed in 1.1.
- In BTD5, Rocket Storm was the name of the activated ability for the BADS.
- Before 1.2, it was possible to buy on Impoppable on round 1.
- It is currently possible to do so using the Unidentified Laughing Object, added in 1.5.