The Dart Monkey is the first tower to be unlocked in Bloons TDX and is a great early-game tower. With significant upgrades, Dart Monkeys can even last in the mid-late-game, providing much-needed bloon popping power. It costs $200 to place, unless placed in the range of a Dart Ranger (R4 Dart), then it only costs $100 to place.
|Unlock the challenge for this tower by unlocking 5M (Juggernaut).
Complete the challenge to unlock 3S (Spike o Pult+).
- 5L's ability has a 21 second cooldown, and fires 5 high-powered darts (5 LP and 15 PP) in a 30 degree cone at the targeted point.
- 5R's ability has a 40 second cooldown, and causes itself and any tier 1, 2, 3R, and 4R dart monkeys in the 8 adjacent squares fire 6x as fast for 8 seconds. Tier 0 and 3L dart monkeys, as well as other 5Rs, instead get 10 seconds of 6x firing speed. All other towers (including the other dart monkey upgrades) are unaffected.
- 5S's ability has a 42 second cooldown, and gives it a 7x increase in firing speed for 10 seconds.
- Can pop camo with any upgrade tier 2 or better.
- Can pop lead with any left upgrade, 5M, 4S and 3L.
- Can damage HTAs with any middle or stacked upgrade, L4, or L5.
- M5 and all stacked upgrades penetrate shields.
- M5's projectile has very high range and 75 PP, enough that it usually makes it clear off the screen.
- Very cheap upgrades.
- Power in numbers.
- Ineffective late game.
- Low popping power.
- Weak against leads in most sitiuations.
- Low damage.
- Sometimes, a 3S dart monkey with a hat goodie would appear as a T0 dart monkey with a hat goodie after attacking.