The Charge Tower is a very powerful early-mid-game tower (not so much late-game, but still useful). With immense grouped popping power and camo-lead detection, and all for a rather cheap price, the Charge Tower is one of the best towers out there. Costs $450.
|Unlock the challenge for this tower by unlocking 5L (Charge Overload).
Complete the challenge to unlock 3S (Super Charges).
- Can pop camo with all middle upgrades, 4R, and 5R.
- Can pop lead with all upgrades tier 2 and up.
- Can damage HTAs with all middle, right, and stacked upgrades.
- Shielded bloons are nearly immune to most charge tower attacks, however 4S and 5S are quite effective, and 5M is one of the very few attacks in BTDX that does AoE damage to shielded bloons.
- Immense grouped popping power early-game
- Fairly inexpensive
- Cheap camo lead popping power
- Attacks very fast while charged
- Lightning Bomb can wipe out a full line of non-MOAB Bloons
- 5S and 5R are stupidly OP with several 5S villages (and can crash the game if you are not careful)
- Not effective against MOAB-class bloons unless upgraded to 5S.
- Early upgrades are not effective when not fully charged.
- Has a habit of overshooting when charged due to high potential fire rate and low shot velocity.
- Becomes much less effective when out of charges
- Left path and tiers 1 & 2 have trouble hitting anything yellow or faster.
- Most attacks are blocked by Shield Bloons.
- Its stacked mission (Unknown if patched) is bugged, as it plays the wrong map.
- It recharges between rounds.
- Sometimes does not damage bloons even though its charges touch a bloon.